5 Ways To Improve Your Social Media Marketing
Include Visual Component
We human are drawn to visual content naturally. Adding videos, pictures, inforgraphics to your social media will result in more engagement and easier for viewers to consume your content. Visual content can be the most important form of markting for your business.
Choose the Right Network For Your Business
Social media has exploded since 2012, and it developed numerous platforms out there dedicated to anything from connecting former classmates to social activism and sharing lifestyles.
So with all of these options out there, how does your business hone in on the right ones? The advice from most experts is to join the right ones suitable for your business, your audience, and style. Here is some statistic information to guide you:
- Facebook: the largest platform in the world, has 2 billion-plus active monthly users, and the site is ideal for businesses that want to generate leads/sales and build relationships directly. Recommended for both B2C and B2B
- LinkedIn: the platform for business networking to create trust, build authority, and engage audiences easily through content creation. Recommended for B2B
- Twitter: whose platform is immediacy, it is perfect for businesses who need to stay notified of time-sensitive information like breaking news, announcements, and trending topics. Best place to test content also!
- Pinterest: the photo & video sharing site, is a fabulous platform for businesses with visual appeal (such as restaurants, fashion, art, skincare, baby, travel, and weddings), and it’s great for driving sales and driving organic traffic because many users look to the site to plan and search for new products for purchase. Recommended for B2C.
- Snapchat: the expiring content platform, is one of the fastest-growing platforms, businesses recommended to leverage it by offering promotions/events, providing personalized content, giving exclusive access, and building relationships with customers to drive brand recognition and loyalty
Use A Strategy
Having a goal for enhancing your social media marketing is great, but it’s only the beginning. You have to come up with a detailed plan to help you get your goals.
Start by designating your staff and members who will be part of the social media team. Use Tools like asana, organize, and split up their roles and responsibilities so that everybody knows what’s expected to be done and when to be done.
You should also decide on your posting frequency. The content scheduler is a big part of your strategy because it should layout, use any content scheduler that will help you organize posts, and make sure you don’t miss posting days. The content scheduler is a big part of your strategy. Your strategy should lay out the following:
- Who is your audience
- What topics and subjects your audience will be interested in
- The usable content you already have or any reusable content on the web
- What kind of content you will need to create or curate
- When and on what platforms content needs to be published
Create Content With Your Audience In Mind
When it comes to discovering success with social media engagement, knowing your audience is crucial. Because the interests and needs of your audience will determine what kind of content you should be sharing and the how you should engage with your followers.
For instance, if you were a coffee station, your target audience might be interested in recipes for fancy brewing tips and techniques, coffee drinks, and other coffee-related articles. Some of the important demographics you should know about your audience include age, location, gender, goals, interests, needs, behaviors, difficulties, and pain points.
No matter who your audience is, however, the content you create should always be highly relevant, and you should prioritize video, images, and other sorts of visual content as frequently as possible. They are more popular among all demographics and all audiences.
Select Tools to Automate Work
Staying active on social media takes time and consistency, it might even take away most of your time if done manually. There are plenty of automation tools available you can use to automatically publish posts and schedule your posts up to a month in advance. Although we recommend scheduling weekly so your researched information is more up to date.
These tools, which include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, MeetEdgar, Later, Sked, Tailwind, and BuzzSumo, can save you a lot of time by allowing you to plan and schedule quantities of posts at once. They also make it easier for you to monitor your networks and respond to messages swiftly.